The 2021 Wolters Kluwer Future Ready Lawyer Survey results are here! The report offers a unique perspective from legal professionals emerging from the pandemic with a better understanding of its impact and implications for the future.
Join our panel of experts on June 17th at 3:00 pm CEST as we examine the issues and trends affecting the future of law as organizations work to both rebound from the challenges of the past year, and position themselves for higher performance ahead.
The report includes insights from 700 legal professionals across the U.S. and nine European countries, and examines trends and how well-prepared organizations are to drive higher performance, post-pandemic. Amongst other, the following key findings emerged:
- Following an exceptionally challenging year, lawyers expect the trends they’ve already been facing to accelerate across the board. The top trends expected to have the most impact are:
- Increasing Importance of Legal Technology – 77%
- Coping with Increased Volume and Complexity of Information – 77%
- Meeting Changing Client/Leadership Expectations – 76%
- Ability to Acquire and Retain Talent – 76%
- Emphasis on Improved Efficiency/Productivity – 75%.
- Overall, 63% of law firms say they will increase their technology investment, and as firms focus on clients’ changing expectations 74% report they are Investing in New Technology to Support Firm Operations and Client Work
- 57% of legal departments report they plan to increase their investment in technology over the next three years, while 84% say they will make Greater Use of Technology to Improve Productivity moving forward and many more interesting insights.
The report also includes 2020-2021 comparative data featuring professionals’ insights in the weeks before the pandemic took off as compared to their views today. In addition, it includes legal industry leaders’ analysis of the pandemic’s impact on the legal sector and what’s ahead.
Join us for a first look at all of the key findings!