Payroll Tax Fundamentals – What you need to know
Avoid the harsh penalties associated with getting payroll tax wrong.
State Revenue payroll tax audits are on the rise, utilising sophisticated data-matching tools to target businesses. More than ever has it become important to make sure you are returning your payroll tax correctly as severe interest and penalties are being imposed for getting it wrong.
This webinar is suitable for you if you are either new or experienced in payroll tax and would like an overview or refresher of what is liable or exempt. After attending this session, you should feel more confident in calculating and remitting your payroll tax.
Case studies and examples will be provided to help you gain a more practical look at how to get payroll tax right.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
- Administration and calculation of payroll tax
- How thresholds work and rates apply for all jurisdictions
- Where a worker’s wages are taxable (Nexus). Considering what happens when work is performed in and/or outside of Australia
- Wages that are liable or exempt
- Rebates on offer
- Interest and penalty tax regimes
- Your rights as a taxpayer
All industries and businesses that employ staff, especially growing businesses. This session is suitable for accountants, solicitors, tax agents, bookkeepers, payroll managers, payroll clerks, CFOs, and directors. Payroll tax generally applies to businesses whose total Australian group wages exceeds the tax-free threshold of a particular state where they employ.
Andrew Fricot is the founder and director of Payroll Tax Solutions Pty Ltd. He has a Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Economics and Finance and has over 15 years professional experience working in the field of payroll tax and other state taxes, grants and rebates. Andrew has fine-tuned his knowledge working in both the public and private sectors. The majority of his experience has been as a key payroll tax spokesperson and advisor for Revenue NSW (formerly NSW Office of State Revenue) offering education and technical advice to accountants, solicitors, bookkeepers, payroll managers, directors and CFOs.
You will be provided with:
- PowerPoint presentation slide deck
- Supporting documentation
- Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
- Q&A Session and the presenters contact details for follow up questions