Learn about the three new review investigations and others going on right now!
Hear about the latest tax investigations of the Inspector-General of Taxation and Taxation Ombudsman (IGTO), including:
Three new review investigations as announced on 9 December 2021, namely:
- The Australian Taxation Office’s (ATO) Administration and Management of Objections
- The Exercise of the General Powers of Administration (GPA)
- The Exercise of the Commissioner’s Remedial Powers (CRP)
Hear about other own-motion investigations and understand how the IGTO may assist you:
- An update on taxation complaints and disputes with the ATO and TPB
- An update on ATO disclosure of tax debts to credit reporting bureaus
- An update on the community’s Register of issues — have your say in what you think should be the priorities for the IGTO tax investigations — that is systems, laws and administration
What you'll learn:
- What is a tax complaint that you could make to the IGTO?
- What powers does IGTO have to investigate tax complaints, ATO actions, decisions and tax systems generally?
- How does IGTO investigate complaints?
- What remedies are available to you as part of those IGTO investigations?
- What are the key areas of complaint and investigation?
With your input, IGTO can improve the tax outcomes not just for a single complainant but ultimately the administration of taxation laws for all taxpayers.
Karen Payne, Inspector-General of Taxation and Taxation Ombudsman