The Retirement Plan Documents package helps you streamline your entire plan document preparation process. ftwilliam.com offers all of the popular defined contribution, defined benefit and Section 403(b) plan types.
The Retirement Plan Documents package from ftwilliam.com combines powerful technology, in-house attorney-written documents, and unparalleled customer support to provide you with a first class document generation solution.
With features like default plans, batch generation of annual notices and required amendments, and extensive error checking, you will be able to minimize the time spent establishing and administering documents for your clients.
We also offer add-on tools, such as ftwPortal Pro, Spanish Forms Package, ftwPro Amend, and the Recordkeeper Installation Forms Package to increase your efficiency even more when working in the Plan Document module. Plus free conversion assistance is offered for most vendor’s documents – contact ftwilliam.com support or your sales consultant for more information.
Integration. Our Plan Documents modules are integrated with the other ftwilliam.com modules to ensure effortless data flow and avoid duplicative data entry.
Easy to use forms and amendments. Most of the forms and amendments can easily be generated using either the Batch Print or Group Print features. The Batch Print feature permits you to print amendments for all of your clients in a few easy steps.
E-signatures available with purchase of ftwPortal Pro. Push any document or form directly from the document software to ftwPortal Pro for electronic signatures.
Streamlined data import and export. The exclusive ftwLink feature provides an XML based interface for interfacing with your plan information. Using ftwLink you can add and edit plan information, extract checklist answers, and generate plan documents using a single, easy to use XML interface.
Free updates. All document updates and amendments are provided at no extra cost.
Extensive on-line error correction. While we cannot guarantee that each combination of checklist responses will result in the plan that meets the qualification requirements of the Internal Revenue Code and ERISA, our on-line error correction will identify all required responses and will highlight most conflicting responses.
Streamlined data entry. When entering data, items for which no entry is required will appear disabled and will not allow data entry. For example, if matching contributions are not allowed in a 401(k) plan, all questions dealing with matching contributions will be disabled.
55AutoFill technology. With 55AutoFill, completion of plan document checklists is made easy by automatically downloading all of the available information from the most recently completed 5500 forms.
Plan highlights document. Contains a concise summary of major plan terms.
Custom language. Custom language and effective dates can be entered into the plan checklist and generated as an addendum at the end of the document. Since the documents are delivered in rtf format, you may perform extensive customization of each document.
Unlimited checklist templates. Using the “Clone Plan” feature you may establish an unlimited number of custom default checklists.
Export plan specifications. With this unique, powerful feature customers are given the ability to download all of their plan specifications with the click of a button in Excel-compatible format.
Help. Nearly every checklist question provides instant context-sensitive help.
Our retirement plan documents are available both via subscription and per-plan pricing options. Discuss with your ftwilliam.com sales consultant which might be the best option for you.
* The IRS opinion letters will reflect CCH INCORPORATED/FTWILLIAM.COM as the sponsor of the plans and the IRS-required language preceding the signature line will also contain our name and address unless a customer requests an opinion letter in their own name. In addition, a representative from CCH INCORPORATED/FTWILLIAM.COM will also appear on the form 2848 (power of attorney) for each document that is submitted for favorable letter.
Plan Types in the Retirement Documents Package:
- Non-Standardized 401(k) (Adoption Agreement Format)
- Non-Standardized 401(k) (Adoption Agreement Format) (Answers Only)
- Non-Standardized 401(k) (Individually Designed Format)
- Standardized 401(k) (Adoption Agreement Format)
- Non-Standardized Money Purchase
- Non-Standardized Target Benefit
- Governmental Money Purchase
- Governmental Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan with 401(k) feature option
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan (Proto Format)
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan (ID Format)
- Cash Balance Plan (Proto Format)
- Cash Balance Plan (ID Format)
- Defined Benefit/Cash Balance Combination Plan
- Volume Submitter 403(b) Church with RIA
- Volume Submitter 403(b) Deferral Only 501(c)(3)
- Volume Submitter 403(b) Governmental
- Volume Submitter 403(b) ERISA
- Volume Submitter 403(b) Church without RIA
- Summary Plan Descriptions and Notices
- Other Documents/Forms (All custom generated based on checklist answers)
- Consent actions
- Mandatory and Optional Amendments
- Many popular administrative forms/procedures
- IRS Submission Documents (other IRS forms require purchase of the IRS/PBGC Forms Package)
- Form 5307
- Form 5300
- Form 8717
- Form 2848
- Form 8905
- Non-Amender Kits
- Notice to Interested Parties
Add-on Tools Available:
Recordkeeper Installation Forms Package
The Recordkeeper Installation Forms package is an add-on to a subscription of retirement documents. The forms in this package allow a user to automatically generate and deliver plan establishment documents for various recordkeepers. Using this feature can result in hours of time savings in the preparation of these forms.
Currently we have the following forms available in this package:
- Principal 401(k) and 403(b)
- John Hancock
- American Funds – Recordkeeper Direct
- The Standard