Wintrobe’s Clinical Hematology, 14th Edition, reviews the science, the methods of diagnosis, and the evidence for the basis of therapeutic decisions.
Seventy-four new authors have completely revised old chapters, in addition to adding new chapters, all of which reflect Wintrobe’s commitment to propelling the current state of hematology into the future. The artwork has been extensively redrawn for color and consistency and a new online presence brings this text into the 21st century, providing readers with a way to interact with the very latest in hematology.
This latest edition also includes new and up-to-date information about the process and application of gene therapy and immunotherapy. The authors explore the topics of stem cell transplantation for both malignant and benign disorders, graft versus host disease, and the importance of long-term follow-up of transplantation survivors.
- Online, interactive companion—with regular content updates—includes all text, figures, a reference list for each chapter, and two appendices
- Increased emphasis on molecular genetics and flow cytometry
- Expanded number of hematopathology illustrations
- More in-depth treatment of transplantation
- Pertinent updates posted online in a timely manner