Enthusiastically acclaimed by medical students and faculty worldwide, this text is specifically designed to prepare students for their first encounters with patients with cardiovascular disease.
New seventh edition highlights:
- Review questions and answers in each chapter prepare students for course and board exams.
- New contributors include cardiology fellows and internal medicine residents, who worked closely with faculty to extend coverage of clinically pertinent issues for medical students.
- Updated content reflects the latest understanding of mechanisms of cardiac disease and technological advances.
Classic student-friendly features:
- Full-color illustrations help readers visualize and quickly grasp key concepts.
- Medical imaging and color clinical photographs show real-world examples of many clinically relevant cardiovascular conditions.
- Introductory chapter outlines and end-of-chapter summaries provide organized, quick review of core information.
Bonus online study tools:
- Animations help support understanding of complex, dynamic disease processes.
- Interactive question bank reinforces learning and improves retention.