Orthotic Intervention for the Hand and Upper Extremity: Splinting Principles and Process, Third Edition
This comprehensive text superbly highlights anatomical and mechanical principles of the hand and upper extremity in relationship to orthotic intervention, discusses associated indications and precautions, and promotes clinical reasoning skills by presenting numerous patient examples, alternative techniques, and a vast collection of images and clinical pearls. This meticulously written and assembled information allows the reader to confidently blend hand and upper extremity diagnoses with the appropriate orthosis management. The Fabrication Process Manual for Orthotic Intervention for the Hand and Upper Extremity complements this main text by providing all the actual patterns and alternative options for orthotic fabrication.
- New chapters present Relative Motion Orthoses, Prosthetics, Orficast, Delta-Cast, and Tendon and Nerve Transfers.
- New larger format and full-color photographs of actual patients provide hundreds of new clinical examples demonstrating the direct link to clinical practice.
- Expansion of Clinical Pearls and addition of Expert Pearls are generously shared by dozens of hand therapy experts from around the world, including unique orthotic ideas, tips and material usage.
- Addition of field notes, which are case studies and techniques written by experts on the subject matter, highlight a unique perspective on that chapter’s content.
- Instructional videos, instructional lectures, generous question banks and additional resources for students and faculty are available on thePoint®.
Fabrication Process Manual for Orthotic Intervention for the Hand and Upper Extremity, Third Edition
A great reference for those clinicians that are practicing in a hand therapy setting, for veteran therapists needing a quick reference/refresher, or for those studying to become a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT). The Fabrication Process Manual complements the main text, Orthotic Intervention for the Hand and Upper Extremity: Splinting Principles and Process, and clearly presents step-by-step instructions for the fabrication of orthoses as well as providing alternative patterns and treatment interventions.
- Manual organized by Immobilization, Mobilization, Restriction and Non-articular Orthoses.
- Includes comprehensive step-by-step directions for more than 60 orthoses in addition to dozens more orthosis options included within the Clinical and Expert Pearls.
- Expanded Clinical Pearls and addition of Expert Pearls generously shared by dozens of hand therapy experts from around the world, including unique orthotic ideas, tips and material usage.
- Printable patterns available online to allow for easy accessibility and ability to resize for lab/clinic use.
- Instructional videos and additional resources for students and instructors available via thePoint.