Key features of the 11th Edition
Providing succinct summaries of recommended procedures for exercise testing and exercise prescription in healthy and diseased patients, this trusted manual is an essential resource for all exercise professionals, as well as other health professionals who may counsel patients on exercise including physicians, nurses, physician’s assistants, physical and occupational therapists, dieticians, and health care administrators. Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes access to the digital version of the book, plus additional study resources such as the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- UPDATED! Integrated guidelines, including the 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, reflect the most current, clinically sound approaches to exercise testing and prescription.
- NEW! Chapter on conditions that affect the brain familiarizes students with specific strategies for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, autism, depression and anxiety.
- UPDATED! Enhanced organization helps students find information quickly and easily.
- FITT (Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type) boxes make locating critical exercise prescription information quick and easy.
- Revised appendices integrate valuable information on ECGs, medication and emergency management where it is most relevant. A new appendix on metabolic equations is included.
- Additional boxes, tables, and figures highlight important concepts and approaches at a glance.