Consider the following scenarios:
- It’s Saturday morning, and you’re watching your kid’s soccer game when a client calls with an emergency.
- You’re visiting a client and need to access their return from last year.
- Or, you suddenly need to work from home because of a global pandemic.
In each of these situations, a cloud-based document management system can prove to be an essential part of your firm’s tech stack. The anywhere, anytime access such a system provides doesn’t just allow your staff more flexibility; it creates a more accurate, consistent product and facilitates a better client experience.
Whether your goal is to grow by adding new services, retaining 100% of your current clients, or simply finding ways to help yourself and your staff practice better work-life balance, the right document management system is a valuable tool to help you get there.
What are the benefits of document management systems?
- Fewer errors. Systems that include version control and audit trails mean no confusion about who’s worked on what and where the latest documents live. That helps reduce mistakes made when people aren’t working in the most up-to-date version. In addition, systems with automated retention rules help maintain compliance without extra work.
- Fewer headaches. When your document management system is fully integrated with the rest of your digital systems such as cloud-based Practice Management software or Client Portal, your workflow will be more seamless.
- Fewer file folders. The right system can manage whatever documents come through your door—or online client collaboration tool—and integrate them into a paperless workflow process.
- More productivity and profitability. When every document is in one central, well-organised, and easily accessible system, you and your staff have to spend less time looking for the correct document relating to a client or job. The result? Efficiency and billable hours go up, and frustration levels go down.
- More satisfied clients. Integrate your customer service tools with your document management system to answer client questions and fulfill requests faster and easier.
- More satisfied staff. When employees aren’t tied to a physical address to access firm and client files, they have the flexibility to give their all at work and home.
Which cloud-based document management system is best for your firm?
Many firms are moving to CCH iFirm Document Vault and Client Portal with digital signatures. Feedback from our clients who have undertaken their own research of many offerings on the market is that CCH iFirm is the preferred choice when it came to functionality, efficiency gains, productivity, and cost.
CCH iFirm Document Vault is a dynamic, integrated, cloud-based document management solution, built for the CCH iFirm eco-system, enabling integration with Contacts, Jobs, Client Portal, Intranet and MS Office apps. Enabling seamless digital document flows with your colleagues and clients, CCH iFirm Document Vault improves efficiency and promotes collaboration between colleagues and clients.