Access core medical content
Ovid is committed to meeting the local needs of its expanding global customer base. With Ovid, healthcare practitioners, clinicians, students, and researchers can quickly uncover the important information they need to improve patient care, support medical studies, and advance ongoing research. Powerful search technology plus research productivity tools offer flexibility, speed, and efficiency so users can find what they’re looking for quickly.
This local-language portal allows users to save time and maximize research productivity. It offers users the ability to search and capture key local-language content—allowing you to work the way you want.
Quickly find what you need
- Enter search terms in the relevant language
- Search through multiple sources simultaneously
- Browse content alphabetically or by subject area
- Refine content searches based on specific criteria
- Navigate between table of contents, chapters, and sections
Capture key content
- Print, email, and export search results into Procite®, RefWorks, RIS, and EndNote®
- Print only necessary chapters
- Export images to PowerPoint
- Export citations to PDF
Want more information? Download the Ovid factsheet:
Get the most out of Ovid
Whether you’re a first-time Ovid customer or an experienced user, Ovid’s training and help options can make using Ovid products smooth and efficient.
Ovid offers novice, intermediate, and advanced workshops to help you and your organization get the most out of your Ovid experience. Our Web-based sessions give you the opportunity to learn new features and navigation techniques. We also provide access to online tutorials and training tools to help you refine your search skills on Ovid.
To see a full list of training opportunities, visit our Training section
The librarian’s one-stop shop on Ovid
Increase your patrons’ awareness and usage of the available content your library subscribes to on Ovid. Don’t start from scratch; we have the available resources in the Ovid Librarian Toolkit to market your library. Additionally, get some hot topics and search recommendations from your peer librarians.
Available in the Librarian Toolkit:
- Tools and widgets to add to your library pages or intranet
- Buttons and screensavers for your library portal
- Customizable flyers, email templates and posters
- Hot topics that your peers are reading
- Expert search recommendations in health science, life science, psychology, engineering and more
Get more with Ovid Marketing Materials
The Ovid Marketing Materials page is your first stop for fast answers to a wide variety of marketing, training, and customer support questions.
Visit the OvidSP section for the latest platform news, marketing material, FAQs, reference guides, and more. Many of them have been translated into other languages for our international customers.
As we continue to upgrade OvidSP with new features and functionality, we’ll continue to revise existing materials and create new ones.