Your personal data is any information which says something about you, as an identified or identifiable human being. By interacting with us, you may cause us to process some of your personal data. Which of your personal data we may process and why, depends on how you choose to interact with us and the context in which you provide information to us.
In general, we process personal data for the following purposes:
- to give you access to the website bowtiexp.com;
- to enable you to request (information about or a demo or trial of) our software products, and to register yourself for events;
- to analyze statistics and optimize the website;
- to market and advertise our products and services, including by using online advertising networks and their cookies or similar technologies that are implemented on our website and other websites around the web, in order to make ads and other content you see on our website and other websites more relevant to and to you report on and measure the effect of our marketing efforts;
- to keep you up to date about our commercial developments and offers via our newsletter, if you have subscribed or have already purchased similar products or services;
- to handle your questions and requests, for example via a contact form or via e-mail.
The following section provides some key examples of how you may interact with us and which personal data may be processed by us as a result and why.
Visiting our website
By visiting our website, you may automatically provide us with some technical information transferred by your web browser. This automatic transfer (contrary to a form you consciously fill out) typically includes the following categories of data:
- public IP address of your device (and country of IP address);
- requested page and time;
- ‘user agent’ information, which typically includes information such as your operating system and browser type, version and language;
- Referrer-URL (the address of the website you visited previously, if you clicked on a hyperlink to arrive on our website)
The first three categories of data are necessary to enable you to access the website (such as your IP-address), or to correctly load its content (such as ‘user agent’ information). The country information is processed to help us send newsletters (if you have subscribed) on the right time, based on your country’s time zone. This processing is based on your consent, and our legitimate interest to enable you to properly access and use our website and its features. We may also process such data for our legitimate interest to secure our website or our product and services, to find and fix bugs, and to make other improvements. The referrer-URL is used in anonymous form, for usage analytics and advertising statistics.
Requesting a trial, demo or our full software products and services
In order to request trial version or an online demo of our software, you need to provide us with some information, such as your name, company name, business email, and phone number. When you provide this information to us, we will use it to provide what you requested. In this case, the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is your consent and the performance of a contract with you, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. When you (on behalf of your organization) proceed to request, purchase and/or use the right to use any of our products and/or services, further information may be requested from you (such as bank account and other information for invoicing and payment) and processed accordingly, based on the same legal grounds. In addition, invoices are stored to comply with legal (tax) obligations.
Subscribing to our monthly newsletter
If you have given consent, we may contact you by e-mail for commercial purposes with information and offers, which may be personalized to you. Each communication by e-mail includes an option to unsubscribe.
Other questions or communications
If you use e-mail, phone or our contact form to ask us a question or provide feedback, we use the information provided by you to follow up on this. The legal grounds for processing your personal data in this case, are your consent and our legitimate interest to respond to your question or feedback.