Synthesis of evidence related to risk is the primary focus of this volume. In the context of informing decisions in health care, risk refers to a deleterious or adverse outcome, primarily from ‘everyday’ or inadvertent exposure to a variable or risk factor. In some cases the ‘risk’ may arise from a treatment administered during the course of patient care also. Synthesis of this type of evidence is increasing in importance and relevance; evidenced by the increasing number of systematic reviews and meta-analyses appearing in publication.
Information about risks, even if they appear only minimal, are of great interest to the general public and can have a marked impact on public health. Research, investigation and critical analysis across this important field of inquiry has the potential to better inform all of us, health care professionals, policy makers or lay persons, about the decisions we make in our day to day lives and the impact those decisions may have on our health both now and in our future.
- Product Type:
- Aromataris, Edoardo; Hopp, Lisa; Munn, Zachary
- Advanced Practice
- General Interest Nursing
- Issues & Trends in Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Education
- Research & Theory
- 1st Ed.
- Publication Year:
- Advances in Surgical Pathology: Gastric Cancer
- Alzheimer's Care Today
- Clinical Scenarios in Surgery: Decision Making and Operative Technique
- Diabetes Mellitus, guia para el manejo del paciente
- Duane's Ophthalmology
- Emergency Medicine: Diagnosis and Management
- Evidence-Based Endocrinology
- Fisiopatología renal. Fundamentos
- Fundamentos de Radiología de Diagnóstico
- Ginecología de Novak
- Journal of Hospital Medicine
- Kaplan & Sadock. Manual de bolsillo de psiquiatría clínica
- Kaplan Hipertensión clínica
- Manual de endocrinología y metabolismo
- Manual of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Neurology Clinical Practice
- Pathophysiology Made Incredibly Easy!
- Pharmacology Made Incredibly Easy!
- Psychiatric Interview, The
- Real Living with Multiple Sclerosis
- Synthesizing Economic Evidence
- Synthesizing Evidence from Narrative, Text and Opinion
- Synthesizing Evidence of Diagnostic Accuracy
- Synthesizing Qualitative Evidence
- Synthesizing Quantitative Evidence
- Translation Science and the JBI Model of Evidence-Based Healthcare
- Visual Diagnosis and Care of the Patient with Special Needs
- Wallach. Interpretación clínica de pruebas diagnósticas
- Washington Manual of Critical Care, The