A good understanding of medical statistics is essential to evaluate medical research and to choose appropriate ways of implementing findings in clinical practice.
The Oxford Handbook of Medical Statistics has been written to provide doctors and medical students with a comprehensive yet concise account of this often difficult subject.
Described by readers as a 'statistical Bible', this new edition maintains the accessibility and thoroughness of the original, and includes comprehensive updates including new sections on transitional medicine, cluster designs, and modern statistical packages. The Handbook promotes understanding and interpretation of statistical methods across a wide range of topics, from study design and sample size considerations, through t- and chi-squared tests, to complex multifactorial analyses, all using examples from published research. References and further reading are included, to allow deeper understanding on specific topics.
Featuring a new chapter on how to use this book in different medical contexts, the Oxford Handbook of Medical Statistics helps readers to conduct their own research and critically appraise others' work.
- Oxford University Press
- Product Type:
- Peacock, Janet L.; Peacock, Phil J.
- General Medicine
- 2nd Ed.
- Publication Year:
- American Journal of Critical Care
- American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine
- American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology
- Annals of Clinical & Laboratory Science
- Annals of the American Thoracic Society
- APA PsycInfo®
- Bates’ Visual Guide (Including OSCEs)
- Block’s Disinfection, Sterilization, and Preservation
- Bone & Joint 360
- Cardiac Imaging: A Core Review
- Clinical Handbook of Psychotropic Drugs
- Critical Care Nurse
- Defining Excellence in Simulation Programs
- Guidance for Healthcare Ethics Committees
- Handbook of Targeted Cancer Therapy and Immunotherapy
- JBI PACES
- Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy
- Mental Measurements Yearbook
- Oncology Nurse Navigation: Delivering Patient-Centered Care Across the Continuum
- Orthopaedic Knowledge Update®: Hip and Knee Reconstruction
- Pharmacology Made Incredibly Easy!
- Pocket Cardiology
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss: Causes, Controversies and Treatment
- Science Translational Medicine
- Suicidal Behavior
- Washington Manual Cardiology Subspecialty Consult, The
- Washington Manual of Gastroenterology Subspecialty Consult
- Washington Manual Rheumatology Subspecialty Consult