It acts as a one stop reference volume; it assesses current invasive status for each bird species, including details of physical description, diet, introduction and invasion pathways, breeding behaviour, natural habitat. It also looks at the environmental impact of each species, as well as current and future control methods. Full colour photographs assist with species identification and global distribution maps give a visual representation of the current known distributions of these species.
The second part of the book discusses the biogeographical aspects of avian invasions, highlighting current and emerging invasive species across different regions of the world. The third section considers the impact of invasive species on native communities, problems associated with invasive bird management and the use of citizen science in the study of invasive birds.
- CAB International
- Product Type:
- Downs, Colleen T.; Hart, Lorinda A.
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Earth & Geological Sciences
- Publication Year:
- Butterfly Biology Systems: Connections and Interactions in Life History and Behaviour
- Economics of Farm Animal Welfare:Theory, Evidence and Policy, The
- Mental Health and Well-Being in Animals
- Physiology of Vegetable Crops, The
- Plant Invasions: The Role of Biotic Interactions
- Slaughter of Farmed Animals: Practical Ways of Enhancing Animal Welfare, The
- Urban Ecology: Its Nature and Challenges