USP challenges vary across facilities that compound medications:
- Home Infusion centers supporting patients who need extended infusion therapy.
- Oncology pharmacies customizing medications for each patient’s cancer treatment.
- Pediatric Pharmacies customizing compounded medications for each child’s needs and condition.
- Veterinary Pharmacies customizing compounded medications dose and flavors for pets and large animals.
- Specialty Pharmacies serving a broad range of needs that include veterinary, geriatric, pediatric, palliative care and dentistry patients.
Key Areas of Focus to Achieve Compliance and Improve Performance
Standardizing compliance practices, procedures and training is critical to reducing care variability, which drives poor performance and failed inspections. That’s where our Compliance solutions can help.
Stay Current With Regulations & Best Practices
Best practices and regulations continuously evolve over time. Ensuring your team has the latest evidence-based guidelines and best practices for USP ensures the consistency needed to pass inspections and improves your teams' confidence.
Customize & Streamline Operations
No two compounding operations are the same. Our turnkey and scalable content for USP <795>, <797> and <800> include policies and procedures, training and inspection reports. Standardize workflows and access best practices to improve staff efficiency and performance.
Improve Compliance Confidence
Every day your team provides medications patients depend on to improve their quality of life. Our technology keeps you up-to-date with best practices that remove the risk of human error, keep staff safe, improve confidence for inspections and eliminate risk to both reputation and finances that can emerge from a single error.
Option Care Health Turns to Wolters Kluwer to Drive Nationwide Standardization for USP Compliance in Sterile and Hazardous Drug Compounding
“Safety and quality are at the forefront of everything we do…Option Care Health has proactively adopted many of the changes in the revised <797> standards and has been <800> compliant for over a year. Wolters Kluwer is a trusted partner that shares our commitment to quality results and we are confident in our decision to extend the use of Simplifi 797 to our newest facilities.”
~Don Filibeck, Vice President of Pharmacy, Option Care Health