The Blue Clinical Tool Bar provides access to those clinical tools that are included in your subscription. This bar is available from any screen in the application. The most commonly used tools can be accessed directly from the blue tool bar. These include:
- Trissel's IV Compatibility – full access to the Trissel's™ 2 Clinical Pharmaceutics Content set (Trissel's IV Chek)
- Interactions – a drug-drug, drug-allergy, drug-herbal interaction, and duplicate therapy analysis tool that uses a predictive, evidenced-based model.
- Drug I.D. – identify various unknown drug products based on imprint, dosage form, shape and/or color.
- Patient Education – access to multi-language patient education materials for medications, disease/conditions, procedures, discharge instructions, natural products, and healthy living.
- Calculators – access more than 130 medical calculations, developed by Lexicomp and EBMcalc, that have been designed to assist in drug dosing, drip rates and organ function assessment in both adults and children.
Tools that have more selective usage are found under the More Clinical Tools drop-down menu. You can access additional tools here, including:
- Drug Comparisons – provides the ability to perform side-by-side monograph comparisons using the Monograph View, or create data comparisons between 2-4 drugs, using the Data View.
- Drug Plans – access to more than 5,500 insurance formularies, including managed care organizations, pharmacy benefit managers, health maintenance organizations, state Medicaid formularies, self-insured companies and other healthcare plans. (If included with your subscription)
- Drug Reports – create reports of drugs that are associated with a particular adverse reaction, indication or contraindication. Combine attributes to narrow your report, then use the links to access the content within the drug monograph.
- Formulary Monograph Service – access detailed information about recently released and investigational drugs, including pharmacy and therapeutic reviews, editorial comments, and drug utilization evaluations. (if included with your subscription)
- Toxicology – access information on agents of toxicity, antidotes and decontaminants, household products, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), toxicology-specific calculators, and drug identification in one single tool.
- UpToDate – use this link to search the UpToDate evidence-based medicine application, if you have access at your institution.
- Indexes – access a list of all available content sets using alphabetical and other relative indexes.
- Other Clinical Links – a list of links to other significant websites for information on new drugs, drug shortages, recalls and more.
- Advanced Search – access to the advanced search tool for the clinical content.