Frequently asked questions

  • Where can I get a copy of the new Nevada Senate Bill 60 (SB60) legislation?
    You can view or download a copy of SB 60 directly from the Nevada Secretary of State web site here.
  • What is the deadline for submission?
    The statutory requirement was first enacted in 2007 and has been a requirement upon formation and/or qualification/registration for your entity since that time. If you have questions or need assistant in uploading your documents, please contact your CT Support Team at 1-800-435-0808 or via email: [email protected]
  • Are there any forms to be filled out for the record keeping requirements or a form to be completed for the “statement” in lieu of certain records to meet the requirement?
    There are no state issued forms only for the record keeping requirement. At this time, there is not a state-issued form available for the statement. Any statement that you determine meets the statutory requirements may be submitted to this site—and will be kept on record by CT Corporation, as your registered agent—as long as it is in a format acceptable for upload (i.e., PDF, .doc, etc.). The record keeping requirements and corresponding statutes with general requirements for any statements may be found at If the state provides any new, administrative information or a form for the statement, we will update the information here and communicate it to you directly. If you have additional questions or need assistance in uploading your documents, please contact your CT Support Team at 1-800-435-0808 or via email: [email protected]
  • For foreign qualification/registration, what is a declaration of existence or declaration of good standing?
    It is a statement on the form requiring an affirmative statement that the business entity is duly formed in its home jurisdiction under penalty of perjury and eliminates the requirement for a supporting document such as a certificate of good standing.
  • When do I need to file for a business license?
    An business entity must file for a business license or an exemption on or before the last day of the first month following the date of incorporation/qualification/registration.
  • What are the penalties for non-compliance?
    In addition to being exposed to administrative dissolution or revocation, the range of penalties for all violations is now $1,000 to $10,000.
  • What is a registered agent?
    In United States business law, a registered agent, also known as a resident agent or statutory agent, is a business or individual designated to receive service of process (SOP) when a business entity is a party in a legal action such as a lawsuit or summons. The registered agent's address may also be where the state will send the paperwork for the yearly renewal of the business entity's charter. The registered agent for a business entity may be an individual member of the company, or (more often) a third party, such as the organization's lawyer or a service company. Failure to properly maintain a registered agent can affect a company negatively.
  • What records must I provide CT Corporation?
    Record keeping requirements differ by business entity type (i.e., Domestic or Foreign Corporation, LLC or LP, Domestic or Foreign Non-Profit Corporation, etc.). Visit this site to view a complete list of business entity types and their corresponding document requirements. If you have questions or need assistance in uploading your documents, please contact your CT Support Team at 1-800-435-0808 or via email: [email protected] NOTE: Hours of operation are: Monday—Friday, 8:00AM to 8:00PM ET.
Business compliance requires global expertise. Expect more.
Trust CT Corporation to navigate compliance anywhere you do business.