CCH® Learning & Development Academy - New Hire (Web)
This live, web-based, 4 day (16 hour) program is designed to teach the basics common to first-year Tax staff such as professional expectations, understanding the workflow, documentation best practices, and understanding common tax issues and basic tax forms. Participants will learn how to use Wolters Kluwer software tools and their various features and functionality to complement their newly acquired skills.
Type: Single Client Training, Multi-Client Training
Who Should Attend: New Staff (0-12 months)
Advanced Preparation: None
Prerequisites Required: None
Field of study: Tax
Program/Course Level: Basic
- Professional expectations for the public accounting industry and for entry level staff.
- Understanding the tax preparation process, from the initial receipt of workpapers, to proper documentation, to managing preparer and review notes.
- Comprehension of tax law fundamentals with an understanding of most common areas, i.e., wages, interest, rental and pass through income,itemized deductions and common credits.
- Case studies revolving around common Individual and business tax return situations, including self-guided preparation of an Individual tax return.
- Industry leading new user training and tips for ProSystem fx® Tax, as well as the basics of Microsoft® Excel®, Adobe® Acrobat® and PDFlyer™, using accounting-related examples.