Client engagement tools:
- Bi-monthly issues of Accelerate, white label client newsletter covering tax and business advisory topics, available in Word version, MailChimp template, blog import file and social media posts
- Special alert editions of Accelerate for End of Tax Year, Budget 2021, Livestock and herd scheme values
- Simple budget worksheet
- Client Questionnaire Sole Trader
- Livestock Workpapers guide to using the integrated and static versions of the Electronic Workpapers Livestock
Fact sheets to provide to clients:
- COVID-19 Business Support update
- COVID-19 resurgence support
- Interest limitation on residential investment property
- Residential investment property and interest deductibility
- Property and Tax update
- Working from home and tax
Business advisory guides to provide to clients:
- Credit Control Guide
- Debtor Management Guide
- Debtor Management Strategy
- What if debtors still do not pay
- Profit improvement and productivity
- Tips for keeping track of business expenses
Trusts: new and revamped content in line with the Trusts Act 2019 which took effect in January 2021. New content included:
- Resolution of trustees to approve annual financial statements and distribute income
- Script for a conversation with a client on trusts and information disclosure requirements under the Trusts Act 2019, requirements for disclosing trust information to Inland Revenue, and disclosure and record-keeping obligations for New Zealand resident trustees of foreign trusts
- Fact sheets for clients on:
- Trusts and information disclosures
- Trusts - disclosure requirements for foreign trusts
Best practice tools for the growing firm to ensure consistency and quality:
- Debtor Management: procedure to ready the firm to use smartAR Fee Funding as a key debtor management tool, with accompanying letters, forms, guides, and marketing collateral
- Petty Cash policy template for how the firm manages petty cash.
Understandably, this year a lot of new and updated content was driven by COVID-19 business support measures and the changes around investment property.
See below our Highlights for 2022 and if you have ideas about what tools would be useful, we’d love to hear from you.
- Q1 package on residential investment property, including interest limitation, and disposal of residential property
- Online client questionnaires via Taskflow
- 2022 annual accounts workpapers, for release end March, taking in relevant changes including COVID income reporting and calculations for residential investment property
- Bi-monthly issues of tax and advisory client newsletter Accelerate + special issues for end of tax year, livestock values, 2022 budget
- Updating content for annual changes to rates and thresholds (eg minimum wage, kilometre rates, working for families) or where developments from Inland Revenue or other bodies have an impact on tax treatment or business advisory services.
Watch the Business Fitness Introduction Video
Our end-goal is to help you streamline your practice, so you can get on with doing what you love. Whether that's helping your clients develop and grow their businesses, developing your own practice, or simply work less and relax more.