- The general philosophy behind constructing a precedent that is general in its ambit and specific in its application.
- Historical influences on the trust deed.
- Impact of the relationship property laws and claims on the trust deed.
- Impact of Trusts Act 2019 on the CCH Trust Deed, focusing on:
- maximum duration
- liability exclusion, and indemnity clauses and trustees’ duties
- the definition of 'mental incapacity'
- appointment and removal of trustees
- resettlement and variation.
About the presenters:
- Pravir Tesiram is one of New Zealand’s pre-eminent experts on trust law. He is one of the founding partners of TGT Legal, which specialises in trust and estate planning. Prior to forming TGT Legal, Pravir was a partner at Russell McVeagh, which is where he created what is now the CCH Entities Trust Manager module in collaboration with software developers and a financial planner.
- Fiona King is a senior associate at TGT Legal. She has extensive experience advising clients in relation to their trust and estate planning. Following the introduction of the Trusts Act 2019, she has worked closely with Pravir to update the CCH Trust Precedents to take account of the impact of this Act on the CCH Trust Deed and associated CCH precedents.
Who should attend:
This webinar is suitable for all practitioners at all levels with an interest in trust law.
Thursday, 4 November 2021 at 10:30 -11:15 am NZDT
None, it's free to attend.