FBT 2020: FBT Return Update Essentials
Helping you to launch your 2020 FBT Season!
Our 2020 FBT Return Update Essentials webinar will provide you with the springboard to launch your 2020 FBT return work.
With a number of recent and anticipated key changes announced, this is a must attend webinar.
Attendees will be given an understanding of the key areas to focus on when preparing or reviewing the 2020 FBT return. The particular focus areas include Entertainment, Employee Expenses, Cars, Car Parking and Relocation / Mobility.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees will be given an understanding of the key areas when preparing or reviewing the 2020 FBT return and Payment Summary reporting. Paul will highlight the common mistakes, both technical and process, and dispel the many myths.
There will be a comprehensive update on the FBT changes for 2020 including:
- Introduction of new safe harbour rules for claiming exemption on tool of trade and work-related vehicles
- The new rules in relation to employee travel expenses and the distinction between business travel and living away from home
- The latest on FBT and car parking
- The current position on taxi expenses and ride sharing arrangements including Uber
- Discussion of current ATO audit strategies and compliance activities.
An understanding of how to prepare the 2020 Australian FBT Return form and documentation requirements
The key benefit areas and valuation methods including:
- Cars – Statutory Formula Method
- Cars – Operating Cost Method (including Logbook requirements)
- Car Parking and the practical challenges
- Entertainment analysis and the distinction between meal entertainment and refreshment or sustenance
- Employee expenses
- Relocations, mobility, LAFHA, expatriates and remote area
- Claiming exemptions and concessions
- The common mistakes and misunderstandings
- Client war stories including the financial impact and impact on employees
This webinar is a must attend for those responsible for preparing or reviewing the 2020 Australian FBT return, Payment Summary reporting, whether experienced, new to FBT or requiring a refresher, working in Practice, Commerce, Not for Profit or Government sectors, including:
- Tax agents and tax advisors
- Accountants in Public Practice
- Tax Accountants
- Tax Managers
- HR Personnel (from officers to General HR Managers)
- Payroll accountants
- Payroll managers
- Finance Managers
- Financial Accountants
- Management Accountants
- Accounts Payable teams
Paul Mather, Founder and Director of FBT Salary Packaging Solutions has over 20 years hands-on, Salary Packaging and FBT experience. Paul is a current member of the ATO’s FBT Working Group and the ATO’s Small Business Liaison Group. Paul was a member of the former Australian Taxation Office National Tax Liaison Group (NTLG) Fringe Benefits Tax Subcommittee from 2005 to 2013. An accomplished trainer and speaker, Paul delivers his topic in a practical and insightful manner.
You will be provided with:
- PowerPoint presentation slide deck
- Supporting documentation
- Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
- Q&A Session and the presenters contact details for follow up questions